Featured Post

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Welcome back to the IASD Orchestras Blog!

Welcome back to all of our wonderful orchestra students and parents!  I'm thrilled to be back in Indiana after an AMAZING year studying music at West Virginia University!

Please remember to check out our website, which is in the attached document.  The calendar will be changed soon to include all of the arts activities of the SH, as well as all of the orchestra activities throughout the district.  We are working hard to improve the ease of communicating with our families, so this cross-reference should be helpful!

Attached are the documents that students will receive this week with regard to concert and event dates and links to information.  I would be very interested to hear from parents so that I know which of these are the most helpful.

For those of you who are interested, my sabbatical year was a life-changing, exhilarating experience.  I worked from sun-up to sun-down every day from August, 2017 to August, 2018.  My coursework is complete and I wrote my comprehensive exams over the summer.  I am still a full-time student at WVU as well as a full-time teacher here in Indiana. I will be singing full recitals this fall (December 9) and in the spring (April 13) at WVU.  I will also be working on my final project/paper/lecture recital, which will be a formal recital on the works and collections of folk icon Jean Ritchie.  That paper and recital will be presented in the fall of 2019.  I will graduate with a Doctor of Musical Arts in December of 2019. 

It is an honor and a privilege to teach your children, and I'm looking forward to an outstanding academic year!

Link to beginning of school year contact info and dates:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WvH_vBi4KJmccQJEVwpdfzmrzQO4jY_93wNd8Mi8Ipc/edit